USB Stick vorbereiten
- Open cmd
- Start diskpart
- list disk (to show up all existing disks)
- select disk 1 (where number 1 is the number of your USB Stick
- clean (to clear the existing config)
- create partition primary
- select partition 1
- format fs=fat32 quick
After this steps:
- Download UNetbootin from Sourceforge: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
- Download & Deploy ESX ISO Image from HP to USB Stick
- Boot from USB Installation Media
If the installer finds an existing ESX or ESXi installation and VMFS datastore you can choose from the following options:
- Upgrade ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore
- Install ESXi, preserve VMFS datastore
- Install ESXi, overwrite VMFS datastore
INFO: If an existing VMFS datastore cannot be preserved, you can choose only to install ESXi and overwrite the existing VMFS datastore, or to cancel the installation. If you choose to overwrite the existing VMFS datastore, back up the datastore first.
- Press F11 to confirm and start the upgrade
- At the end, Remove USB Stick, Press Enter to reboot the host
After the Upgrade
- Connect to Host
- View the upgrade logs. You can use the vSphere Web Client to export the log files.
- Import Licenses and reapply them to ESX Hosts. When the upgrade is complete, ESXi is in evaluation mode.