This is a short quick step guide to create a RODC on Server 2008 R2.
- Create an additional Security Group (i.e. “RODCx Admins”)
- Go to Roles and add Active Directory Services as usual
- Start “dcpromo” using the Run Command
- “Use advanced mode installation”, what else? 🙂
- Add the domain controller to an existing forest
- On the “additional Domain Controller Options” Page choose “Read-only domain controller (RODC)
- Enter the manually created Security Group to manage the RODC Server
There’s another possibility to create to RODC without having any connection to any “normal” DC using an previously created installation media.